2.24.2010

"The Video"

 It was 2 years ago, almost to the day, when my friend Rachel and I went to visit a culinary school in Minneapolis. Really, it was a concert that brought us up there, but we both wanted to go into culinary arts at the time. We figured we would visit while we were in town.
  I remember waking up that morning and reeeally not wanting to visit the school. My head was throbby, my throat was prickly, and I was feeling just 'yuck'. Rachel dragged me. (For the record, I'm glad she did.) We got right in to the woman who showed us around. It was roughly a 45 minute tour, and while I appreciated the experience, I wanted out of there. Rachel displayed her empathy and tried to hurry things along. Finally, we made full circle to the front door where we had started. Our tour guide thanked us for coming and shook our hands. We began to bolt for the door-- we were almost home free.
 "Wait-- did you guys watch the video?", we heard behind us. Crap. It wasn't over.
  Rachel-- God love her-- thinks quickly when I really need her to. "Yup!! Thanks again!", she blurted, without even glancing back, and out we bolted. We laughed about our little white lie all the way to the car, and still joke about it to this day.
"I wish we could see 'the video' again. Remarkable footage."
As you probably concluded, I never ended up enrolling there. And they haven't let me forget it, either. Do you realize that  TWO years later, I am STILL getting calls from that school?? They won't give up. And I don't think I have ever, ever, taken a single one of their calls. Five in just the past week. (Note to self, never go out with Greg from Le Courdon Bleu). I'm being hounded, and it's karma; I just know it.
 All because I didn't watch that damn video.

3 comments:

  1. hilarious that now your ads on the left are all "culinary" & "Le Cordon Bleu".....you know, you could just take one call & let them know you aren't interested. :) you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch it now. Divert the karma...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2trMU6HiuU
    Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts 1:20

    Otherwise, I'll keep calling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney Harden2/28/10, 11:24 AM

    hahaha Paige, your blog has really brought out your inner-cusser! ;) Love it.

    ReplyDelete