2.12.2010

   "Nice weather we're having, huh??"
 I'm an oddball. I could barely care less about what the cumulus clouds are doing today. Pardon the pun-- "whether" it be autumn's crisp P.M's or spring's dewy A.M's, I am not an outdoorsy person by any stretch. People tend to use the weather as a go-to file for small talk. Because we all have the weather in common? Eh-- debatable. That being said, I can't help but point out a few reasons why I look forward to Jack Frost's return back from whence he came:
 -My nasal innards will remain well-thawed at all times.
 -The sun will not seem to abscond with the day at 5:16 every afternoon.
 -I can stop feeling guilty for my cowardice to try wearing hats.
 -I can finally go back to putting my tongue on whichever darn metal pole I please.

    But I will miss:
 -Hiding an imperfect manicure beneath my powder grey gloves.
 -Close-toed shoes and long, chic coats.
 -Tracks of fleet little woodland creatures around my house.
 -The excuse to put off repainting my back porch.

  Once again, pros and cons cancel each other out. Yup-- I couldn't care less about them cumulus.

No comments:

Post a Comment