2.20.2010

Re'lent'less: Days 1-4

 My quest thus far has been very successful. Generally speaking, I've experienced minimal withdrawal and maximum benefit.
   Shopping- I haven't had much urge to splurge yet. About a month ago, I started a wish list on my phone of things I want to buy at some point. Let me tell you, that list has doubled in the past 4 days. I had a moment of weakness today when I got an e-mail from JCrew, saying it's the last day for 20% off all their sale items. Let me interject this-- does it count as shopping if I use a gift card? It seems like I'd be bending the rules, but I still wouldn't technically be spending money. Also, I have to return a couple things in the mall soon; setting foot in there could prove to be tempting. I'd go buy a pair of blinders, but, well-- you know. Shopping...
   Artificial Sweeteners- Needless to say, I've used them because I can't (pardon the pun) swallow the idea of depositing so many grams of figure-filling sugar into my body via desserts, drinks, etc. So without the artificial stuff, I've eaten fewer sweets all together. The other night I did make whole wheat banana bars, and they were like ecstasy slices, with cream cheese frosting and walnuts.
   Facebook games- Best change I've made so far, which I thought would have the least impact. In case you missed my last blog (loser), it wasn't the game itself, but the sitting down at the computer. Then I would get hooked into other things and waste hours online. I can't believe how much I've gotten accomplished by crossing that off my agenda . On day 1, I picked up dinner after work, went straight home, cleaned my house and went out to a movie with a friend. And we had a blast. I may even give up those 2 games all together. Maybe.
  36 days to go. I'm a tenth of the way there.

1 comment:

  1. Early days: awareness. A+ Seems like a very successful life focus thus far. You've increased your awareness of behaviors while eating, visiting the mall and sitting down at the computer. Sounds like you're making smart choices that are also enjoyable. Is it sustainable? Do you feel deprived or do you believe the replacement activities/items are just as good to you? Hopefully the questions come across as an interested observer and cheerleader (my intention) and not disciplinarian. Thanks for the Paigespiration! Best wishes!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete