11.08.2009

   Well, it's been QUITE a while since you've heard from me. Between work and moving and barely being home, my creative juices have had no room to flow. But you wanna know the truth? I really need to call myself out on something. All that's a very convenient excuse not to face one of my flaws.
   I knew starting a blog would open some kind of door. It could have been developing new friendships, or having a creative outlet. Turns out there was a mirror behind the opened door that made me see my soul in ways I never have.
 I began spelunking through the caves of my mind and found a few stalagmites of neuroses I never knew were there. I'm a perfectionist to a fault. There are so many things I could and should do, but I don't because it may not turn out perfectly.
It's funny-- I was so afraid of starting this very blog because I might fail at it. "I might not word things perfectly. Or be disciplined about writing regularly. Or have anything interesting to say." So then I said nothing. My subconscious seemed to whisper, "People can't evaluate nothing." After some intensive soul-searching, I knew the truth. Nothing doesn't express ideas or touch hearts or make people giggle. Nothing is has no meaning."
In letting my perfectionism conquer me, I achieved EXACTLY what I feared. Failure. I've been a prime example that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.With all that said, I can't promise I will continue with this blog. I want to, because that would mean I got over myself and out of my head and could just have some fun talking with you guys. And understand, this isn't just about the blog. The blog is a symptom of something I need to overcome-- myself. It's not an easy thing to do.
Feels good to be honest. Wish me luck. :)

2 comments:

  1. Doggone you, Paige! I just want to read stuff that makes me laugh, smile and grunt with an occasional, "Huh." All of this introspection you do because you found a mirror behind the door is making me think! Stop it! And on top of that, your frankness takes away my ability to rationalize away many of my own shortcomings. I'd appreciate some kind of "honesty and insight" warning as you go spelunking beyond your head and into mine. Send in the canary first, will ya? It's dangerous in here. I didn't expect your blog to be extraordinary this soon. Thank you.
    -- Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. Best cousin, ever.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete